· The majority of my commissions are portraits, but we can discuss the possibility of painting anything your heart desires! Homes, interiors, landscapes, special occasion photos – tell me your vision!
· A consultation - We’ll begin with a consultation via phone or in person if you’re in the Los Angeles area. This is your chance to explain your vision for the painting. (And if you don’t have a vision, I’ll help you come up with one!)
· A photo - My commissioned paintings are generally created from a photo. You will need to provide me with a high-resolution photo to work from.
· Timing to complete your painting can be anywhere from 1-3 months from the time of your consultation. It all depends on the size and complexity of your commission, as well as my schedule at the time. I’ll quote you timing shortly after your consultation.
· If I’m painting your photo “as is” I’ll go ahead and get started on the painting after our consultation. If I’m adding “a little something extra” to your image, I will send you a sketch/mock-up to approve before I begin your painting. (“A little something extra” could be anything from adding a background to your photo, to adding a rainbow shooting out of your head. As ridiculous as this sounds, I tend to add a lot of rainbows, butterflies, flowers and “romantic” elements to my paintings. These extras can be discussed during your consultation.) I can also combine several photos together, so keep this in mind when coming up with your vision!
· I generally paint with oil paint on birch wood panels. I’ve been known to dabble in acrylics and spray paint as well but oils are my favorite. We can discuss the possibility of painting on a different surface if you have something else in mind.
· I will let you know when your painting is complete. Oil paint takes a few weeks to dry. I will ship your painting out as soon as it’s dry, or give it to you in person if that’s a possibility. The shipping fee will be included in the price of the commission.
· I require half of the fee as a deposit before I begin work on your painting. The balance is due upon completion of the painting.
· Below is a general pricing list for Kristen Lynn Art commissions. Pricing will vary based on the complexity of the image (double portraits or group shots would cost more than a single portrait. Anything that involves “a little something extra” will add to the price as well.) I will quote you an official price during our consultation: